Lost Wordpress Admin Password? Here is how to reset it.|
For most Wordpress users, all you will have to do is click on the "Lost your password?" as referenced in the bottom left of this picture:
If you don't know the email address, things can get a bit complicated for most users. Please note that Hostica does not have access to your Wordpress account in the same way we do your hosting account, so we can't just send your password after you fill out an admin email form. While it may seem complicated, it can be done in a few minutes for those who take the time.
- Go to the admin login page at http://example.com/wp-admin.php (replace example.com with your domain and admin install location if you customized it. By default it is /wp-admin).
- Under the login form, click "Lost your password."
- Enter the email address you used when you signed up or the username.
- Click Get New Password to have the password sent to your email address.
How to Manually Reset Your Wordpress Password in Your Hostica Control Panel
1. Log into your Hostica Control Panel.
2. Under Databases, click phpMyAdmin as shown below to the bottom right
Click on login from the WordPress database from the list on the right as depicted below.
In the phpMyAdmin panel on the left select your database and look for the user's table where you will see the list of registered users. Usually it's under "wp_users" or "wpwn_users".
Under the user whose password you wish to reset, click edit.
Under the user_pass column, clear the value on the far right and replace with what you would like the password to be.
In the Function drop-down menu, select MD5.
At the bottom of the page, click GO.
For more ways, including these options, you can check the official Wordpress Codex here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Resetting_Your_Password