Installing Wordpress From Within Your Hosting Account
Posted by Frank ., Last modified by Frank . on 25 October 2012 10:49 AM
Easily install Wordpress in your hosting account with a few clicks using the Softaculous Installer. |
- Log into your account.
Click here to log into your account
- Click on the "Softaculous App Installer" icon.
- If Softaculous is OFF, then click the On/Off button to the right of Softaculous App Installer to turn it ON.
- To the right of your domain name, click the "Configure" icon.
- Softaculous will open in a new window; move your mouse over WordPress
- Click on Install
- Softaculous will ask where WordPress should be installed, the name of the WordPress blog, and the login and password to be used to access the WordPress administration.
- To install Wordpress in your domain root (ie, mydomain1.com), leave the box empty.
To install Wordpress in a subfolder (ie, mydomain1.com/folder), enter the folder name in the box.
- It should not be necessary to change the database name from the default displayed in the box. If you do change the datbase name, be sure NOT to use an already existing database name.
- Table prefix can be left as is, or you can change it if you wish.
- Set the Site Name and Site Description. Easy enough.
- Set your admin username, password and email address. For security reasons, we suggest changing the default username of "admin" to something else. The username and password set here will be used to log into your Wordpress admin area once the setup is complete.
- Click the Install button.
- A status bar will be displayed while Wordpress is being installed. Do not click any buttons during this time.
- Once Wordpress has been installed, the page will display your Wordpress site address, as well as the Wordpress admin address.
- That's all there is to it! Contact Support if you have any further questions regarding installing Wordpress using this method.
Installing this version guarantees the correct permissions on all files and folders, and after installation you should be able to install your plugins and themes with no errors.