Posted by Frank ., Last modified by Frank . on 09 November 2007 07:21 PM
Webmail is an online email program provided with your accounts which allows you to check your email through your browser (similar to Hotmail or Yahoo).
1) To launch webmail log into your control panel.
3) Find your email account. Click the Launch Webmail icon in the Properties column:
4) A new window will open, displaying Webmail.
To read an email, simply click on the title of the email you wish to read:
1) To compose an email, click the Compose icon at the top of the page:
2) A new window will pop up, allowing you to compose your email. Click "Send Message" when finished.
1) To delete an email, check the box to the left of the email you wish to delete.
2) Then click the delete link under the column.
You will notice when deleting an email that it does not actually delete, but rather is "marked" for deletion with a strikethrough. To completely remove the email from your account, click the "Purge Deleted" link in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
You can go directly to your Webmail without the need to log into your control panel. This is done by going to http://mail.yourdomain.com , where yourdomain.com is your domain name.
When accessing http://mail.yourdomain.com, you'll be presented with three choices of Webmail Clients. You can use any of them to check your email. However, if you're most comfortable with the webmail client launched from the control panel, then choose "Horde IMP".
You can change your webmail (email) password from within your control panel, but you also can change it from the http://mail.yourdomain.com page. Simply click on "Change your POP3 password".
Then complete each field and click "Change".