Using Kompozer to Edit and Publish Your Site
Posted by Frank ., Last modified by Chris - on 24 April 2012 12:33 PM
This tutorial will explain how to edit and publish your website with Kompozer.
- Open Kompozer.
- Click File > Open Web Location...
- Enter the web address to the page you wish to edit.
- For most IMC users, if you wish to edit your "salescopy", the name of the file will be "index.html".
- So you will want to enter: http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html , where "yourdomain.com" represents your domain or website name.
- Click Create.
- Make the desired changes.
- To save these changes to your site, you'll need to "publish" them.
- Click File > Publish As...
- Under the Settings tab, enter the following:
- HTTP Address: http://www.yourdomain.com
- Publishing Server: ftp.yourdomain.com
- Username: your ftpusername
- Password: your ftp password
- Under the Publish tab, enter the following:
- Filename: depends on what you opened above. If you opened index.html , enter index.html
- SiteSubdirectory: yourdomain.com
- Click Publish
- Your website page will then be published.